Thread: Superman Lives!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #255
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Talking Re: Superman Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
When someone does a script/draft, they always put first draft on the...first draft, to set up future drafts. You could have just one script, that's titled first draft, and that would be a way of saying that you planned ahead, sorta speak.

To point out, or defend, your comments BH/HHH: if the dialogue sucked in the script, it doesn't mean that would've been said on the set. Case in point: Batman (1989). "I'am the night" wasn't a line that gave Batman that "kick" in his first scene, but "I'm Batman" really did. This is always the case with scripts anyway: you write the dialogue, but that doesn't mean all of it will be said in the film, otherwise it would feel like the actors are reading from a script instead of saying things naturally. Plus, these scripts never had that final rewrite, called shooting scripts. Because the movie was never shot.

As for K, instead of the Eradicator: given the similarites, sure, but the differences are enought for me to see the reason for the name change.
Oh yeah I know that about dialogue but it doesn't excuse how bad some of Brainiacs is in the script.

Yeah but the name K just doesn't work for me, I mean K is what they came up with instead of Eradictor? Still it's only a minor thing.

Tbh I'm actually liking a few more things this time around, like Lex and Brainiac working together at first.

#TEAM SNYDER

You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote