View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #457
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Hawkeye's appearance was a cameo, though, not an easter egg. Easter eggs would be, for instance, Selvig in Thor talking about a colleague he was going to contact who'd had run-ins with SHIELD before (i.e., Banner; and originally, that scene was supposed to say Pym's name outright); or the SHIELD world map with dots marking the location of Wakanda, Atlantis, and other Marvel U staples.

Feige's quote describes a subtle approach to Avengers 2. From that description, none of us --- fanboys included --- will even pick up on the Avengers 2 connections until after that movie comes out in 2015. Kinda hindsight 20-20 "oh yeah....now I see" thing. An outright cameo by Janet Van Dyne or Hank or T'Challa or anybody else would be as unsubtle as they come, in contrast.
I wouldn't say it could take that long. More like it'd take multiple viewings to find them all. But like he said this is definitely the beginning of Phase 2.