View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #457
Comics, Books, Games
Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Hawkeye's appearance was a cameo, though, not an easter egg. Easter eggs would be, for instance, Selvig in Thor talking about a colleague he was going to contact who'd had run-ins with SHIELD before (i.e., Banner; and originally, that scene was supposed to say Pym's name outright); or the SHIELD world map with dots marking the location of Wakanda, Atlantis, and other Marvel U staples.

Feige's quote describes a subtle approach to Avengers 2. From that description, none of us --- fanboys included --- will even pick up on the Avengers 2 connections until after that movie comes out in 2015. Kinda hindsight 20-20 "oh I see" thing. An outright cameo by Janet Van Dyne or Hank or T'Challa or anybody else would be as unsubtle as they come, in contrast.
I wouldn't say it could take that long. More like it'd take multiple viewings to find them all. But like he said this is definitely the beginning of Phase 2.

1) Man of Steel 2) Thor 2 3) The Wolverine 4) Pacific Rim 5) Iron Man 3 6) Oblivion 7) Mortal Instruments: City of Bones 8) Ender's Game 9) Beautiful Creatures 10) After Earth