View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #464
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Yes, I'm adamant as hell that Szostak isn't playing Janet, and it's because (as I've stated numerous times) she's all wrong for Janet, Janet has no real mythos connection with Stark other than Avengers (including a brief fling with him in Avengers when she was a divorcee), and because it makes no sense.

But let's play devil's advocate for a moment and pretend the Szostak-Janet supporters are right. My questions are simple:

1) Why on earth would you introduce her in an Iron Man movie?
2) Why on earth would you dilute an Iron Man movie with an extraneous character who won't be fleshed out even remotely for another 2 years?
3) Why on earth would you introduce her in a movie before you even introduced Hank Pym?
4) Why on earth would you introduce her in a pointless cameo in IM3 in 2013 when she's got a *proper* introduction coming in 2015, either in Avengers 2 and/or Ant-Man?
5) Why on earth would Marvel try to cast a shroud of secrecy over letting fanboys know that Szostak is really Janet, when she is not even remotely a major Marvel figure whose introduction into the MCU would take the fanboy nation by storm? (More like: Wasp....? Really? So ****in' what....?)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014