View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #465
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yes, I'm adamant as hell that Szostak isn't playing Janet, and it's because (as I've stated numerous times) she's all wrong for Janet, Janet has no real mythos connection with Stark other than Avengers (including a brief fling with him in Avengers when she was a divorcee), and because it makes no sense.

But let's play devil's advocate for a moment and pretend the Szostak-Janet supporters are right. My questions are simple:

1) Why on earth would you introduce her in an Iron Man movie?
2) Why on earth would you dilute an Iron Man movie with an extraneous character who won't be fleshed out even remotely for another 2 years?
3) Why on earth would you introduce her in a movie before you even introduced Hank Pym?
4) Why on earth would you introduce her in a pointless cameo in IM3 in 2013 when she's got a *proper* introduction coming in 2015, either in Avengers 2 and/or Ant-Man?
5) Why on earth would Marvel try to cast a shroud of secrecy over letting fanboys know that Szostak is really Janet, when she is not even remotely a major Marvel figure whose introduction into the MCU would take the fanboy nation by storm? (More like: Wasp....? Really? So ****in' what....?)
I appreciate you playing with me. Good to keep an open mind, in case the movie comes out and it turns out you are wrong.

1. to lead up to Ant-Man without the protagonist (Hank) stealing the show.
2. I'll answer this with a question. Why do you believe its diluting a film that is one installment in a film universe that is supposed to be 100% cohesive? In other words, why is Wasp any less of a Marvel Universe (aka Iron Man universe) character than Pepper or Rhodey?
3. See answer #1. Ant-Man appearing in Iron Man is a teamup. Wasp appearing in Iron Man is a cameo. Not to mention, we don't know if Hank will or won't show up in any Phase 2 film.
4. idk. ask Hawkeye.
5. The shroud of secrecy is for us, the fanboys. So we talk about it and get hyped about it. As we are doing right this second. The character itself, might (wait for it...) JUST might actually be relevant to the story. omg... relevant to the story? you don't say!

A better way to word your fifth question would be "Why would someone like Bethany Cabe or Madame Masque or Justine Hammer (or whoever you think she's playing) be shrouded in secrecy?"