View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #466
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I appreciate you playing with me. Good to keep an open mind, in case the movie comes out and it turns out you are wrong.

1. to lead up to Ant-Man without the protagonist (Hank) stealing the show.
2. I'll answer this with a question. Why do you believe its diluting a film that is one installment in a film universe that is supposed to be 100% cohesive? In other words, why is Wasp any less of a Marvel Universe (aka Iron Man universe) character than Pepper or Rhodey?
3. See answer #1. Ant-Man appearing in Iron Man is a teamup. Wasp appearing in Iron Man is a cameo. Not to mention, we don't know if Hank will or won't show up in any Phase 2 film.
4. idk. ask Hawkeye.
5. The shroud of secrecy is for us, the fanboys. So we talk about it and get hyped about it. As we are doing right this second. The character itself, might (wait for it...) JUST might actually be relevant to the story. omg... relevant to the story? you don't say!

A better way to word your fifth question would be "Why would someone like Bethany Cabe or Madame Masque or Justine Hammer (or whoever you think she's playing) be shrouded in secrecy?"
1. Why *shouldn't* Hank Pym "steal the show," when *he's* the title character in his own movie? It's "Ant-Man," not "Ant-Man and Wasp." (And I hate to remind you, because I'm not happy about this either, but Wright so far has given no indication whatsoever that he intends to include Wasp in his story about Hank Pym and Scott Lang.)

2. Wasp *is* a Marvel Universe character; she *isn't* an Iron Man Universe character.

3. Right, we don't know if Ant-Man will show up as a cameo in another Phase II movie. But a title superhero's casting is going to be something that's a bit of a public exhibition, not something they're going to keep quiet. So until we start hearing some actual official casting news for Ant-Man, we can't expect to see any surprise cameos from him.

4. Hawkeye's inexplicable appearance in Thor is exactly what Feige has said they want to avoid. He caught the heat from the fans for that scene. Fanboys wanted to see a meaningful cameo, or none at all; not a meaningless cameo that didn't even illustrate or mention who the guy was. Don't think they'd try to do that for Janet Van Dyne, either.

5. Goes back to #2. Madam Masque, Bethany Cabe, and Justine Hammer ARE characters who are part of Iron Man's mythos. It could very well be that they want to keep another potential IM4 villain(ess) under wraps.

Or: another possibility is simply that Szostak is nobody "famous." And there's no "secrecy" involved; just no hype surrounding a "Face In the Crowd #2" walk-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
LMAO Greatest comeback so far!!!
And to add to it Wasp is definitely a character fanboys would go crazy over. People love her more than Pym. She's one of the most famous Marvel female heroes. So yeah her inclusion would make us go bat**** crazy.
Absolutely unequivocally false.
Wasp is famous ONLY to fans of the Avenger comics, like me. The rest of Marvel fandom basically don't even know who she is. She has had almost no appearances/team-ups with any Marvel hero outside of Avengers business, and outside of recent animated fare like the cancelled AEMH and two Ultimate Avengers DVDs, she has had NO exposure to the general public in movies, TV, or video games.

I love Jan. I want Wasp to be in the Avengers. I want her to be a major part of the team. But I want her to be introduced the *right* way, through Hank Pym's story; not Tony Stark's.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014