View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #987
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It would be interesting if IM3 and CATWS dovetailed together in some fashion over that; but you're right, there's no way they can avoid addressing Cap's iconography on the Iron Patriot armor. Maybe Cap *will* be part of the "War on Ten Rings," and they'll show Crossbones and Zola and Bucky and HYDRA or whoever Cap fights as having ties to Mandy. The fact that Mandarin is sporting some Captain America iconography and tattoos of his own kinda lend credence to that theory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Interesting theory and one that does warrant some interesting questions for what Marvel wants to do in Phase 2. To not use CA as the Sentinel of Liberty, like he was in WWII, it must mean he's up to something else (TWS perhaps) or the government feels he's too old-fashioned for the task at hand.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw a moment in "Winter Soldier" where Steve is looking at the television and sees a news report regarding something that takes place in "Iron Man 3" like how they did in the Bourne Legacy.

But yeah, something is definitely going on because with Captain America having been firmly established in the Present after the events of "The Avengers", one must wonder on why America wouldn't go to their "Golden Child" for matters like this, especially when he'd be considered on being more of a team player, responsible, and appropriate for this situation.

I do hope that whatever also happens in "TWS" has a big effect on the world like how "Iron Man 3" is having in its story since while I'm up for seeing the more personal stuff like Steve adjusting himself in the present day scenario and dealing with Bucky being the Winter Soldier, I'd also like to see some wide scale things like how the villains are causing several wide scale bad things in the world as well.