View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #287
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I got hooked bad. I loved it. I've said before that it had the same sense of mystery that made Lost so compelling early on. But then it peaked with Company Man and just... petered out.

I blame season 2 on the writers strike and everything after that is Loebs fault.

I loved season one of Heroes and still feel like it was the closest thing to a true superhero TV show that we've ever been shown. Season two was a cluster**** that can't be entirely blamed on the writer's strike, IMO. The decision to kill off popular characters and systematically destroy or marginalize others originated from the producers. Jeph Loeb was one of the main architects of that destruction. Ergo, I blame him for everything. So did NBC; that's why they canned his show-killing ass.

If ever there was the perfect example of failing upwards, Loeb is it. Loeb's success is inexplicable. That guy has done nothing but **** things up for the last ten years, yet he keeps getting better gigs. I would not be surprised if he manages to get his hooks into SHIELD and drag that down into the sewer, too. Afterwards, he'll get promoted to president of ABC because that's how he rolls.