View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #469
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
This is lame. Your arguments are lame. Do you actually think Wasp will be excluded from the MCU? Or are you just that incapable of thinking for yourself? Just because no indication has been made that Jan will be in Ant-Man, you think Jan won't be in the MCU? Or are you just attempting to use that as a part of your weaksauce lame argument? Well I don't deem that as valid logic, therefore I refuse to refute it.
Dude, shut the **** up with the insults. I'm not trying to insult you, so don't try to insult me either, okay? I'm not trying to shoot down your arguments or saying their stupid, because they aren't; I'm just positing alternative explanations. Quit trying to take it personally.

And no, I sincerely *hope* Jan won't be excluded from the MCU. As I said, I WANT her to join. I just haven't seen any evidence that the powers-that-be are nearly as excited about her as you and I are.

Quote:
*They* *are* *the* *same* *universe*
*no* *they* *are* *not.*

Look: yes, Iron Man is in the Marvel Universe. Cap is in the Marvel Universe. Hulk is in the Marvel Universe. But do the solo titles have their own smaller mythos? Yes, yes they do. Just as Avengers is one franchise in the comics, as opposed to Iron Man being another franchise, the movies work the same way. Iron Man faces *one* set of enemies and supporting cast and so on in the Avengers, and a *different* set in his solo headliner title. That's what we mean when we talk about different mythologies. *Sometimes* they overlap; but *usually* they don't. Tony's Avenger buddies rarely show up in his solo comics, and vice versa; we shouldn't expect them to in the movies, either.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014