View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #991
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

SFX Magazine is going to have an in-depth interview with Kevin Feige later on, but CBM is quoting an early excerpt. Interesting tidbits about Avengers 2, Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, Guardians, and Phase II in general.

Relevant to this thread, he says this:

Quote:
Captain America will showcase… What’s exciting to me about Cap – sort of about Iron Man 3 too if you look at it – is it’s tonally almost like a different genre. Shane Black’s described Iron Man 3 as a Tom Clancy sort of political thriller, which I like a lot. We hired our directors on Cap because they loved our explanation that we really want to make a ’70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie. Just like with the first film – we got Joe Johnston because we said, ‘We want to do a ’40s World War Two movie masquerading as a big superhero movie.’ I love that we’re doing a sequel to a film that’s a completely different genre than the first film. I think that’s fun. And the comics do it all the time.”

I'd like to see that 70s political thriller vibe. Manchurian Candidate; Three Days of the Condor; Marathon Man; even this past year's Argo, which pays homage to that era. I almost wish they would've approached Affleck with this now.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014