View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #108
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Default Re: The Official IM3 Trailer Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Well, Stark tried to battle Hulk in the hulkbuster suit in the world war hulk storyline and if i remember correctly he lasted about 10 secs..lol.

Yeah, it's kind of a running joke. I don't think ANY version of the Hulkbuster armor has been able to do much more than make it take Hulk a bit longer to kick Iron Man's ass. That's what happens when you face an opponent with no power limitations(or at least not much since I guess time required to anger-up/get stronger would in fact be a limiting variable) with technology that is finite in what it can do, no matter how powerful it starts off at.

I think the best Iron Man has ever fared against Hulk is the lucky shot he one time laid on him in the 1970's or 1980's while wearing the Mark III(I think) and knocked the Hulk out(who must've been having an off day) and drained IM's power so much that he almost died afterward.

I love the Hulkbuster because of what it implies. Stark being very proactive in trying to anticipate and develop contingencies for multiple scenarios.