The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

According to Simon Kinberg's Wikipedia page:

He was the writer of these films:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
X-Men: The Last Stand
Jumper
Sherlock Holmes
This Means War (this was just last year)

And he was the script doctor for:
Fantastic Four
Night of the Museum 2
Date Night
Knight and Day
Sherlock Holmes 2

Out of those movies, the movie that was well-received by critics was Sherlock Holmes and Kinberg was not even the 1st writer for that movie. There is no guarantee that he would deliver a great script. If DOFP ends up as good as X2/First Class then its going to be his best movie to date. I just hope he doesn't screw up again. And I hope Matthew Vaughn/Jane Goldman are still going to do some rewrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Kinberg was basiclly the on set script doctor as well as a producer.Changes had to be made so they wouldn't go over budget.The Xavier and Emma telephatic battle was casultary of budget.

Kinberg had been working with Matthew Vaughn on script till Vaughn bailed as director,and continued to work under Bryan's supervision on Bryan's version of DOFP script.
And you keep blaming Rothman. Rothman was the head of FOX and it was normal that he gave suggestions but its not an excuse for the writers to deliver a so-so script. The Xavier and Emma telepathic battle was cut because according to Vaughn, it would look similar to Inception. They didn't cut the scene because of budget concerns.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-04-2013 at 11:26 PM.