View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #71
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Clearly, he's not getting a lot of love for his venture into fantasy.
I've read an article on one of the movie sites analyzing why Jack bombed, and one of the points was the choice of the director whose non-franchise films are the opposite of family-friendly. And that the movie didn't really know what it wanted to be - a kids-oriented film or something darker and edgier - and that being in this middle ground is like box-office kryptonite.

It does worry me that Singer's last truly stellar directorial effort was about 10 years ago now (Superman Returns wasn't terrible but it was totally forgettable, Valkyrie was good but not great). I can't help but think of parallels to Peter Jackson and his career path and how the return to "his" franchise turned out. Fingers crossed it turns out to be the opposite for Singer, because most of the acting talent involved here would be an absolute crime to waste.

Unless the marketing department really screw things up I don't think DoFP will flop, but if it's not a good movie I honeslty wouldn't give a damn about its box-office.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 03-05-2013 at 05:02 AM.