View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #34
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Most disappointing comic-book movie

I seriously just can't get passed the idea that far worse films are not mentioned on this poll, so I'm really keen on making a new poll, probably in a couple or so months after this thread/poll wears itself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
My only problem was they didn't do a better job of disguising the Talia thing. Fans guessed it as soon as she was cast and then to make it worse, they filmed her on a public street in Al Ghul clothes. That should have been filmed on a studio backlot somewhere.
Well, it's not really anyone's fault that some already knew Miranda Tate would be Talia al Ghul; nothing could've kept that a secret from the fans that knew(at least the general audience didn't). The set pics though, that's a different story. Nolan, Warner Brothers, whoever could've done all they could to make sure those pictures didn't pop up on the web.

But as for Talia al Ghul's angle, while it was different from what we are accustomed to, it fit even if Talia didn't want Bruce to join the LoS or what have you. The idea of Bane and Talia being this dark mirror to Bruce and Rachel worked immensely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Too bad the deception angle sucked so much.
It really didn't, but to each their own. Although, what more deception could you ask for? Helping Bruce Wayne build something that could become a nuclear weapon, sleeping with him and creating false feelings and then having the trigger to destroy Gotham City using said nuclear weapon.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote