View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #711
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Bishop is a cool character, and I'd be glad if he is in, but Id preffer Kitty as the traveler, for two reasons, one, because she was the star of the comic arc and would be a great nod, and two, because we need a girl on the 70's x-men, and even if the movie already starts with a new female on the 70's, Id like to see Kitty meeting FC team, specially James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult
I get your reasons for Kitty being the time traveler. But I don't think she had enough importance in the previous films that she should be the sole time traveler. Best solution for this is to send at least 2 people in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Bishop as time traveler defeats the entire purpose of doing DOFP.Giving him the crutical role of time traveler doesn't allow for much Interaction between 2 casts.
And I don't want them looking at 90's animated show and not comic version
when adopting this story
I don't think it defeats the entire purpose of DOFP. If Bishop is the one that tells X-Men to go back to the past to save the future, then why can't he travel to the past too. Just because we haven't seen him before in a X-Men movie, he doesn't deserve to save the fate of the mutants by travelling to the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Argument for me against that one would be Wolverine: Jackman aint gonna play him forever, and Logan will not be absent from any present day line up. They are gonna have to recast him eventually, whichever way they go (continuation or reboot).
I don't think FOX will reboot this until the mid 20s. If Harrison Ford was able to play Indiana Jones in the 4th Indiana Jones movies, 10 to 15 years after the last one. I could see Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine even if he's already in his 60s.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-05-2013 at 07:43 PM.