View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #533
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I am very pleased to hear him acknowledge that he was unhappy with S-M 3. I don't think he has said that before, or at least I don't recall.
Never directly, but he's certainly skirted around it a few times. He was probably trying to preserve relationships, and can be a bit more honest now his Spider-Man days are over. He's still totally classy and polite about the whole thing though which is nice to see.

It's a shame he never got the chance to redeem the franchise, I remember being pretty excited when he was talking about the challenge of SM4, and how TDK has raised the bar in the genre. Raimi seems like a nice guy.

I remember being a little baffled to see Hathaway up for Catwoman and Black Cat, and obviously having seen her in TDKR I understand perfectly. It's bizarre to think we nearly saw her stealing the show in Spider-Man and not Batman. Nolan was smart to snap her up after SM4 fell apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Well, if nothing else, I hope that interview finally puts the whole Vultress nonsense to rest.
As Black Cat was never directly mentioned, probably not. Would love to hear him definitively tackle that question though.