View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #108
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
You know Trank, I think, could be great for it. And i'm saying this becuz of the end of Chronicle especially...
Becuz we see Doom in past movies and in the comics even, tossing around energy bolts and ranting about this and that but it never really resonates I think, they way it did when that kid was tearing up the hospital downtown.

That was heavy stuff, partly becuz we witnessed this kid's descent, but also just the craziness and horror of it no matter his backstory. It was truly the uncomfortable expression of what would happen if the human will was given power and allowed to be unleashed. And if we could get a Doom with even half that weight in a movie, I think that'd be a heavy thing. scary. cuz Doom's way worse than that kid, haha. Doom's hell bent and chosen to embrace his own inner monstrosity.

But besides that, Chronicle was a story about these 3 particular kids and how they dealt with this meteor thing. It wasn't like a story about some everyman, it was very particular and made it obvious that it was. and that's another reason why I can see him being great for FF, becuz I think he would see them as 4 individual weird people that ended up kind of bound together by this accident. I guess I mean that he wouldn't just default any of them to some stereotypical role in a dysfunctional family. Which is the pitfall with a movie like the FF, is like too much sitcom, not enough real dynamic.

Too much just doesn't add up about this movie tho, like it's been mentioned, how are they gonna spend enough money for a good Thing? Reed's pretty expensive I think also, to get right. And just a bunch of stuff doesn't seem like it's being revealed the same way other movies are, there's something weird about it. Definitely, and I'm starting to get attached to Trank being the director so it's not just that I'm trying to wish and hope it dies back to Marvel.
Keep in mind that as great of a story Chronicle was made on a 12 Mill budget. FF doesn't have that luxury.

Well it would be best that Trank was directing this movie under the Marvel umbrella (MCU) instead of (exclusively) with Fox. A co-produced budget between Disney and Fox would insure that any vision Josh would have for this FF movie can be possible($250 or more budget within reach of being greelit in anticipation with a $750 or more return + shared merchandising revenue) and also then the FF can get it's own spot on the calendar in 2016 and be marketed properly instead of shoe horned against the Avengers,Ant-Man, Pirates and potentially JL, and SWVII in a 5 month period. So I do wish it to die if Fox won't come to their senses. Vaughn wouldn't be needed and Feige is a much better producer for Marvel movies IMO based on the track records.

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 03-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.