View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #460
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
“I’m not looking at Phase One as grounded and Phase Two as cosmic and Phase 3 as magic. The films are all so eclectic and different from each other that you can’t overarchingly categorize them like that.

we’re not saying, “Now it’s gotta be even bigger and more aliens come and there’s a giant monster!” The most exciting thing to us about the Iron Man franchise is Tony Stark and his journey. The most exciting thing to us about the Avengers franchise is the interaction amongst those characters. It’s putting them in situations that you wouldn’t expect to see them in. It’s that kind of fun; and the relationships between the characters in the Avengers, which I loved. Almost whatever the heck else is happening is gravy in that franchise, because all I care about is Bruce and Tony, Tony and Steve, Widow and Bruce – and how Thor fits into it, because he’s always the outsider amongst outsiders. So I think that’s where the value lies. And going deeper amongst those characters in those relationships.”

Thank you, Kevin Feige.

I've been arguing this for the past year or so with people who refuse to listen to reason. No overarching story; no need for the threat level to continue to increase from film to film; no need for a trilogy or an overarching linked story. Just an episodic franchise, with a new story with each telling. Just like in the comics.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014