View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #749
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I cant with some fans comments with the closed minded idea that just because Wolverine was the star of original trilogy he will be the star of this movie again.

Many things have changed all these years, the main one: He has his own series, and this is an even more ensemble movie, and the story isnt about Logan, like X2 with his origin and Striker, and X3 about Jean's return (Logan's love interest).

This is a Two teams story, so as such, Logan cant be the big star. shouldnt be. And hopefully wont be.
I'm not closed-minded when I said Wolverine is gonna be one of the stars of the movie but I also didn't say that he's gonna be the #1 focus of the film. The main stars of the movie will be Wolverine, Professor X and Magneto since they have been the most important characters in the entire X-Men series and it just make sense that those 3 will be THE stars of this first cross-over film in the series.

You aren't being realistic if you think a supporting character like Shadowcat will have a bigger role than Wolverine. Thats like saying Black Widow will have a bigger role than Iron Man in Avengers 2 because Iron Man already got 3 movies under his belt or Captain America because Captain America already got 2 movies under his belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
from singers comments i'd guess he wants to try and breath more life into the franchise then just wolverine

wolverine has been in 3 x-men films and soon to be 2 spin offs, so i don't think brian will put that much into wolverine this time

and just because wolverine is the star of the original trilogy doesn't mean singer has to write wolverine as the star of this film too, i'm sure they can do what they did with cyclops in X3 and make him look like he has a bigger role in the trailers, and its not like more wolverine = better film anyway
And they aren't also gonna put him in the background. He will still have one of the leading roles in this movie.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-06-2013 at 07:17 PM.