View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 AM   #25
portland2002
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will there ever be a good Transformers movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
I thought all of the Bay Transformers movie are terrible. Will there ever be a good Transformers movie?
In my opinion, the '86 animated film was well-made.

Nevertheless, with regards to the live action Transformers films, I have only seen the 2007 film (from my perspective 2 1/2 stars) and Revenge of the Fallen (0 stars). Concerning Dark of the Moon, I have only seen clips, and I'd rather not go into an overdramatic rant dissecting the flaws of the film.

I'm familiar with the plot of the film, as well as some cinematic decisions (from the director, writers, and/or producers) such as Sentinel Prime reusing Spock's dialog from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan as well as major characters like Shockwave having only one line, "Optimus." I'll analyze a couple of other illogical points: how is Megatron able to reconfigure his body into a tanker truck, yet he still has a damaged head and it is still under repair? Strange. But that's enough on that.

In all honesty, I walked out on Revenge of the Fallen. There were some people talking in the movie theatre, so that was a good excuse that helped get a pass, which I used to see the remake of Pelham 1-2-3. I barely finished Revenge of the Fallen at a cheaper theatre, and it was torturous to watch.