View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:53 AM   #28
portland2002
Side-Kick

Th Biggrin Re: Will there ever be a good Transformers movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
The movie are what they are, but I think the second film fundamentally flawed, even for a popcorn flick. It's the one movie where I felt like I felt stupid for the world.

I think the perfect popcorn flick is 'Fast 5'; it delievers in the fun, pacing and action. But it never stoops to the lowest common denominator like showing off robotic balls or stupid slapstick humor (from the useless twins). If you gonna have banter, make it funny.

I've always felt that Transformers don't strive to do..more with the story. And while you can say it shouldn't, I mean, again, look at Fast 5. Or better yet, look at the Marvel Studios films. They never stoop low for anyone.

Transformers is junk food but once in a while, it's okay to sneak in an apple. Hopefully that apple can be part 4.
I haven't seen Fast Five, nonetheless, I'd like to watch it sometime on DVD.

I would like to see much more engaging stories as well for Transformers and more faithful designs (looking at the Dreamwave and IDW comics) as well as even some fan art, I thought the potential to have robots more similar to their original designs could work well.

You mentioned the Marvel films, and I will say I thought the Iron Man films provided a good example on how to execute a look to the character very similar to the comics' designs, and yet having excellent aesthetics and design choices (such as the darkening of the red and gold) of Iron Man's Mark II armor.

Also with regards to the Marvel films (Thor, Iron Man films, Incredible Hulk, etc.) were done well.

I watched the Avengers five times in the theater.