View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #86
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Your top 5 things that needs to be "fixed" for the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
If the suit from the comics can be and is well adapted into live-action, then that is what matters the most. In the TASM 2 case, they adapted the suit from the comics and they adapted it well so that is all that matters. No need to insert someone's "vision" where there is no need for it .
No need to insert someone's vision at all when the director had a great suit and dumbed it down to please the fanboys that hated the first suit or to please the studio

Quote:
I'm personally not because I haven't liked any of the costumes Batman has had in live-action so far including the TDK suit. I would've preferred if Nolan went with the suit in the comics.

I get that TDK was supposed to be realistic but that's exactly why I wanted the suit from the comics. If you think about it, it is actually a lot more realistic than any of the suits in live-action. Not only is Batman able to move more fluidly and isn't restricted by heavy armor but he can also camouflage in the dark better because blue on gray and black on grey are proven to be the best colors for camouflaging in the dark allowing him to blend in the dark a lot easier. On top of that, it also makes him look and feel more like a supernatural creature of the night as opposed to just a guy in an armored suit (especially with the white eyes) which is what Bruce was trying to accomplish in both the comics and the Nolan movies.

As for protection from gun/knives, there is such thing as fabric armor and liquid armor which still offer protection and weigh a lot less than the TDK armor. They're just a lot more expensive, which I'm assuming wouldn't be a problem for someone like Bruce.
The idea of Batman looking like a modern knight was something I love. That kind of out of the box thinking works for CBMs, but that out of box thinking probably quickly died down after The Avengers and Whedon showing a true and true geekfest of comic book proportions.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote