View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #94
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Your top 5 things that needs to be "fixed" for the Batman reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
4. Limit the origin story to less/equal ten minutes. Everyone knows Batman's origin, and there is no need to retell it.
Yes. I think after one origin film of Batman, every Batman film since then with reboot after reboot, we should just quickly skim over the origin, same with Spidey after the '02 film.

Quote:
6. Don't reuse villains/use existing side characters.

a. Don't reuse villains from the Nolan trilogy; sure, the Joker is required, but, there is no need to reuse R'as, Bane, or Scarecrow; use ones who have not been represented in the live action medium before.
Wouldn't you agree Scarecrow needs a vast improvement though?

Quote:
b. Use side characters such as Bullock, Leslie Thompkins, and Montoya, if possible. If it is a rights problem - as alleged for Nolan's use of the not-Holly Robinson in TDKR - create characters as he did who represent them, in everything but name.
The biggest failure in Nolan's trilogy is that the only mainstay in his version of the GCPD was Commissioner Gordon, but that is for Burton/Schumacher as well. It's like the directors only believed Gordon to be the only important character for Gotham's police force while only creating characters that's only inspired by the comic characters such as Bullock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
That's what you implied in your post. You said the director dumbed down his suit to please the fanboys. I'm assuming you're talking about the fanboys that didn't like the suit from the first movie.

First, how do you know Webb didn't intend to have the same suit from the beginning? The Raimi suit is the same suit from the comics. Maybe Webb intended to have the same suit from the beginning but wanted to visually establish that it's a reboot by having a different suit and also wanted to show that Peter has to first learn how to make a good suit by screwing up with his first suit. Hence why the new one will be more like the comics and look more professional.

Second, even if Webb had a different suit in mind but Sony or the fanboys put pressure on him and decided to change it to one that looks more like the Raimi suit, where is the problem in that? Like I said, the Raimi suit is straight from the comics and I don't think you would argue that you can make a better suit than the one in the comics. Thus even if what you're suggesting is true, we ended up with a better suit than the suit Webb intended to use. So where is the problem in that?
Didn't imply any of the sort on a more comics suit being the reason it's "dumbed down".

Quote:
No need to insert someone's vision at all when the director had a great suit and dumbed it down to please the fanboys that hated the first suit or to please the studio
This is nothing about the comics. I am saying he had to dumb down his vision because the fanboys and/or Sony had him change because of all the flack the first suit received.

But, you bring up a point on Webb wanting a more comics accurate suit in the first place...if that was the idea, then what explains the first suit being so different and then all of a sudden all the different intricate pieces on the first suit is gone? Everything is different except for the spider logos on the front and back. Besides that and different eyes, it's Raimi's suit.

Quote:
I already talked about this in my last post. The suit from the comics would realistically function better and would also realistically make him look less human and more scary in the shadows, which was his intention.

Batman doesn't wear something thick and blocky like leather in the comics. He wears fabric. And thick leather would make him just as look as thick armor, realistically speaking.

Never said he can't look scary without armor. But a suit more similar to the one in the comics would make him seem more like a shadow/demon of the night and less human. It would have a bigger impact IMO. Something I want to see in the reboot.

I want to clarify something. I didn't mean that Nolan was necessarily scared of doing the suit from the comics but that he was under the belief that it cannot work in live-action and that it wasn't realistic enough which I disagree with.

The BB suit was less armory than the TDK suit but it was still nowhere close to the fabric suit Batman should wear.

As for wanting to try something different, there was nothing different about Nolan did. Batman has been wearing nothing but heavy rubber or heavy armor in live-action for over 70 years except for the Adam West show and the 1940's serials which don't count for obvious reasons. I would like to see someone actually try something different by giving Batman a suit more unique from all the ones we go so far AKA one more like the fabric suit from the comics.

One thing I will compliment Nolan on is for giving Batman a suit where he can move his head and neck. Prior to TDK, we haven't had a suit that could do that other than the Adam West suit. Though it would've never been a problem to begin with if we had a fabric suit like the comics from the beginning.
And fabric does not even work well. Go look at Batman: Dead End and fabric would just seem so odd in live-action and I doubt we will ever see that in a Batman film, so that's why leather is really the basis that you see with Batman, as much as it seems that honeycomb fabric is used for Spidey the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Anno,

So because I pointed out it wasn't wildly innovative to make Batman look like a knight because the concept of Batman being a knight is decades old you call me dense?

Don't bother responding to my post if you can't make a point without resorting to childish insults. It just makes you look desperate.

I didn't insult you, don't insult me.
Quote:
The idea of Batman looking like a modern knight was something I love.
Don't make it easy for me to call you dense then. Looking like a knight is new compared to Batman actually being a knight that we all knew.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote