View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #96
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
says who? Who made Nolan the end all and be all of movie making? His rabid online fanbase? If you want a standard where a movie fully embraced the fantasy part of comics and had the right level of realism without diluting the fantasy part- then that would be Avengers. That is the measuring stick for comic book movies IMO. Now can we please get back to the movie that this board is for? Looks like in the trailer at about :48 is looks like Rhodey being sucked out of Air Force one. Does anyone else see that?
I said it once, and I'll say it again. The Nolan movies were great movies. they were.

However, as comic book movies, I didn't enjoy them. Too much realism. I am watching a movie with batman, bane, the joker, scarecrow...they are comic book characters. The movie doesn't HAVE to be realistic. I want to see comic book characters come to life on screen.

Different take, sure. But I thought in terms of the comic book aspects of those movies, aside from batman begins, the other two were just very boring for me to watch as a comic book fan.