Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123
I think BTAS and the Arkham games recieved near universal praise and loyalty from the fanbase so it's not impossible if there's an honest attempt.
Not any more than Nolan's trilogy. Notice that TDK was much better received than Mask of the Phantasm.
There are numerous problems with both. I'll stick to BTAS for now, as someone else already commented on Arkham Asylum.
- Some episodes are downright atrocious (ex. Batman in My Basement, Cat Scratch Fever)
- Until her last couple of appearances Catwoman was reduced to a standard damsel in distress type
- They went with the terrible Tim Burton Penguin
- The animation quality varied widly depending on what animation house did that particular episode
- Many of the more complex villains lose their primary motivations after their origin episodes (ex. Mad Hatter, Two-Face) and just because standard criminals
- Batman isn't any more of a detective than he is in the Nolan films
- Late in the series the supporting cast becomes bloated and Batman's role is reduced in favor of Robin and Batgirl
- Killer Croc is a joke
- Bane is almost as bad
- The show is too childish in many spots and not dark enough.
- The character design after the revamp is wretched for nearly every character (Scarecrow being the main exception). Does anybody think this is a good Joker?
I'd give more examples, but I have to go for the time being. I can list more later if you want.