View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #87
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
I wouldn't say him breaking the promise undermines Capt Stacy's death. Peter's a teenager who just became Spider-Man. Yeah at first he wanted to keep his promise to him but after Gwen came over he probably did what any teenager would do: decide that their going to keep being Spider-Man and keep Gwen safe. He hasn't fully grasped the concept of just how much being a hero is a dangerous thing. That's what we're going to see in TASM 2.
He just saw Capt. Stacy die in the line of duty, nearly died at the hands of a Lizard guy, and was shot by the police. Clearly he knows how dangerous this life style is. The writers just wanted to shoe horn them together at the end so the film stood apart from Raimi's SM1 somehow. I wouldn't have an issue with that if not for the fact it completely undermines everything that just happened.

Quote:
Why does everyone rag on the crane scene so much? It wasn't that bad to me.
The cranes was unneccassary, cheesy, and mindblowingly illogical. There is no way that could have been orchastrated that quickly, and really no reason we needed it in the movie. Without that 2 minute detour, and just having a wounded Spider-Man show up to battle Lizard, same movie. It served no purpose to the narrative. All it does is distract and make people scratch their heads. Very poor writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
No suprise since nostalgia runs high on the internet.
So does more interesting writing and better characters.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote