View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #27
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Most underrated X-Men characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Do you guys even know what underrated means? It means people under cut or unappreciated for their role I feel loke the general consensus of Cyclops is that he's a glorified boys scout but IMO hes much more than that. I think many are missing the point of the thread.
Do you? Cyclops has gotten quite a bit of respect and support especially in the last year. He's long past outlived his "glorified boy scout" image and has been acknowledged for the bad ass that he's been portrayed as since Morrison wrote for him back in 2001. I don't think most people reading the books still view him as he was portrayed in the 90s, especially on these forums. The guy is a heavy contender and and has been the face of the entire line for the past 5 or so years. He's been viewed as very dark and more cutthroat than ever before. He may have been underrated in the 90s, but he got a MAJOR push, one which made people take notice of him and see him for the strong strategist and leader that he is as he was written more capable with more responsibilities on his shoulders than ever before. I honestly cant see how anyone can say Cyclops of today is underrated.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote