View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #482
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
But does that mean that "road signs and lane changes" in IM3 will inform CATWS, or TDW? At this point, even our cherished theory about the GOTG connection via an "Iron Man In Space" post-credit scene may have just vanished in smoke with Feige's latest comments.

These movies are intended to be viewed as entirely different stories, not as chapters in one great big novel. Everyone involved with the studios has said this from day one, and understands this. Because it's a simple fact that you can't go into any given movie expecting that everyone in the audience has seen all, or *any,* of the other movies. Even Avengers 1 works just fine as a standalone movie to any viewer who didn't watch any of the previous movies.
I'm not saying each of these films is going to be like IM2. I'm saying that yes they will be standalone films but parts of the story will connect back to Avengers. It doesn't have to be 20% of the film that connects to Avengers. 5-10% is enough to be overarching a little. A scene or two here or there. Or in the case of IM3 how Tony deals with the after effects of Avengers on his psyche will play a role in Avengers 2 I'm sure. I hope none of these films turn out like IM2 (even though I love the movie) instead just let the little pieces connect.

On a side note I'm glad to hear RDJ feels like he has more to do with the character. That's what usually keeps an actor portraying the character still.