View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #30
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

Default Re: What Nolan does poorest. Villain Endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
I actually thought they were all alright, except Bane. That was just ridiculous.

Talia emasculating him as a villain was bad enough, then he just gets killed off unceremoniously by Catwoman, using a bike no less.

Lame.
The point of that scene was that underneath the brutish exterior, aka the mask, Bane was not the strong man he seemed to be, one that was superior to Bruce. Talia's reveal wasn't to suggest that she was the true leader the whole time but that Bane was a man with a heart and with weakness. I also think his death is appropriate because he dies in much the same way that he killed other people. Fast and undignified. Catwoman killing him redeems her character after working for Bane and double-crossing Batman, and the joke she cracks right afterwards wasn't as demeaning and tonally inconsistent as it struck me during my first viewing.

I do think the character needed a final farewell shot, though. It could have easily been placed during the city-wide montage with Gordon's voice over. Like a shot of the police taking his body out of city hall or something to that effect.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote