View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #329
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
AGAIN. My point was not just about the trailer, that was my first line in the quote, you quoted. I came out and said Thor should have a trailer, and people started saying how crazy I was for expecting a trailer, when IM3 had a trailer, CGI pictures, I remember reading about stuff in magazines, concept art, everything you would expect of a huge block buster film. So comment was, and has been, if you compare the two movies, it is evident that IM3 is more important to marvel as far as advertisement and marketing is concern.

If Thor gets a trailer, that will be our fist look at anything about this movie. I'm sure their going to flood the market with Thor stuff up until the movie comes, especially after the release of Iron Man, but my whole point was that I think Thor really needs the hype up, more then Iron Man because everyone is already expected to see that. No one, other then fan, will be rushing to see Thor, but that can change if you hype of the movie.

Thor does have awesome moments on film, but he doesn't have rememberable moments, because his character in the films hasn't been that rememberable. Their is nothing to really fall in love with. He is a good looking guy, with a mean swing with his hammer. That sums him up thus far in movies. I'm hoping this movie makes us truly see why Thor is a hero, and why we should care.
What makes youy think thor isn't getting hyped? Ironman didnt GET hyped until october. 6 months before the movie comes out. We get our first thor trailer april 2nd..7 months before the movie comes out. which is further away from the film release date the Ironman's first trailer was. Ironman is coming out in 2 months. From a marketing standpoint, putting out a Thor trailer now would be foolish. It would be overshadowed by Ironman, a movie that is already being hyped to the extreme, we get a thor trailer coming out next month, and then probably another with ironman, and we are set. The MCU, from a marketing standpoint, will be ALL about thor from basically may till november...6 months. That's a long time. Also, I know you want to see thor as the hero he should be, for the audience...but marketing isn't going to pull that off. The movie will. Thereror, I see ZERO reason why you are complaining about Marketing. ANY marketing won't resolve what you think the issue is.

there is a word for people like you. Hypochondriacs...there's nothing to wrry about, give it a rest dude lol