View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #112
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Fact is, there is no great way to determine which is more popular. When it comes to online polling, much of it is very inaccurate. Most newer films have higher scores than older films for long periods of time on IMDB, etc. That is because they're new. That is when everyone votes the 10s, etc.

But, my post wasn't about which film people liked more (which like I said, I feel people 24ish and younger prob prefer TASM, and 25+ prob SM1 in most cases). Mine was about 20 years from now, which film will still be discussed. SM1 was an event. TASM, whether you love it or hate it, wasn't. It did well at the BO, but it wasn't the record breaking box office juggernaut SM1 was at the time. The entire city of NY sold out for the entire 3 day weeked on SM1's first day of release. I could get a ticket to see TASM opening day an hour before the showtime. That is why in 20 years, I don't see it being remembered like SM1 was.
SM1 was an event because it was the first Spider-man movie, which was a big deal at the time.

It was the biggest superhero to have a debut movie since Batman (89).

Speaking of Batman (89) is was a much bigger event than Batman Begins but that has nothing to do with quality.