View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #96
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: What Nolan does poorest. Villain Endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
The exclamation mark and the fact that it is repeated. A bit presumptuous I suppose, but it's not a big deal.
Exactly. He repeats the same thing twice which, I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like Bruce's voice would only get louder since he's repeating himself. Never heard of someone being in an argument and saying the same thing twice in the same tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
What I'm wondering is, had Nolan kept Bane's little origin scene at the end, would that have made up for his "abrupt" sendoff?

At first I thought it would, but Selina's quip at the end would still bug me.
I don't think the extra couple of seconds would do anything as that's as long it would have been since it would fit in with Talia's speech regarding Bane. You still get Selina's quip and you still get nothing more as soon as he's blasted away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Good analogy.

I don't have an issue with the concept of Selina killing Bane - I was all for her recreating the Black Mask execution back in the day. Batpod cannons or not, it's cool to think this person who was in the shadows watching Bane deconstruct Batman in the sewers like a beast inflicted this upon him. It's a notch on her cat belt. Her quip got a good reaction in my showing. I like how Anne delivers it and uses her legs to get off the vehicle.

I do think the scene could have done with something extra though, a shot of Bane laying on the ground or him being pulled out of the building. It is quite abrupt as is.
I am very glad Selina was the one that blew Bane away as well; one of the moments during the trilogy that had me cheering even as this was needed since what Selina did earlier in the film. I just would ask for that quip to be cut out, though. Catwoman blasts Bane and then we move on to the next scene.

And the idea of showing Bane's dead body being dragged out of the building would be a sight to behold. Since Bane was this militant tyrant, it would just scream Saddam Hussein when his dead body was dragged as well.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote