View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 03:42 AM   #12
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
As much as I love Natasha I agree with Bull and am worried she'll overshadow the new characters that should be much more important in this movie. I would prefer her role be kept to a minimum and that the focus stay on Steve, Bucky, Sam and Sharon. Natasha really isn't necessary to this plot.

I also hope they don't give her the same convoluted backstory as the comics (and if they wanna delve into her backstory give her her own movie already!) and keep her a badass normal without any enhancements including the lack of aging.
I'm sure it won't be the same backstory as the comics as that would be nonsensical, but this is the perfect time to explore (a much more film-friendly, less convoluted version of) her history, what with Bucky being a Soviet assassin

I expect her to have a big role in the movie. It'll help bridge the gaps in the timeline, for Steve/Bucky and the audience

It's not hard to picture how they're gonna work Widow, Falcon and Crossbones into a more film-friendly version of this story. Sharon is sorta the question mark in my mind, but I guess we'll see how it plays out