View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
For me Evans came off as a young guy playing at the man. With my experience with Steve Rogers, this just didn't work out.
I felt the studio cast pre-serum rogers fine but then they were stuck with that. You watch Earth's mightiest heroes or read the comic books or even events such as civil war and it just doesn't quite capture it for me.
I think Alex Ross has expressed similar feelings.

It was an ace casting given that studio's tactics and circumstances. For me, this was no more evident a problem than when Rogers faced off with Skull...and to a lesser degree Tony. I even thought Whedon would fix the issue, but alas.

Take a movie like Saving Private Ryan(ww2). Toss Chris Evans into it. Then look at all the characterizations of grounded mid century american soldiers and if you think Evans is the Steve Rogers of the comics, that's fine. Me not so much.

I have faith in Henry, and even more in Snyder. He has a way of nailing characterization vs source material.
What are you talking about? Why are you posting this stuff about Captain America and Superman in the DoFP thread?