View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #87
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: Howard says that not getting to Reprise his Ironman role killed his career!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
This

I don't know how popular Terrence Howard is in America but in the rest of the world he is far from an A-list actor. I would say there is still a large number of people in Britain have not even heard of him.
Not popular at all. I honestly barely knew who he was when he was cast, which is why the original comment that somehow he was more popular than Bridges, Paltrow and Downey was so out of place.

Jeff Bridges being the son of the late Lloyd Bridges had been well known for years, and of course had been nominated multiple times for Academy awards, finally winning one for Crazy Heart. Both Downey and Paltrow already had won academy awards.

So here is a guy that was a B-list actor but was getting paid more than anyone in the film.

In fact the only movie I'd ever seen Howard in prior to Iron Man was Mr. Holland's Opus, and old Richard Dreyfuss film, and I don't even remember what part he played in the film.