View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #125
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
And this is the exact stuff I am talking about. Being difficult to be difficult.

First, Batman '89 wasn't a proper origin. Second, bringing up Alfred is ridiculous. He isn't a villain and is obviously a staple of any Batman film. Zod is very specific. Very specific. Third, fine Batman Begins has some similarities to '89. I haven no problem in admitting that. I don't see it as a problem.

You are better at this then me.
You're doing fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't see the big deal with Zod and co. being in the film. Ledger's Joker wasn't the first on-screen Joker and certainly won't be the last.
It's not a big deal necessarily, it's just there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It isn't a problem. It is simply the lack of acknowledgment do to wanting to dissociate with anything that came before this film. It would be like if someone went around saying this isn't a Superman film. Why? Because they say it isn't.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Yeah, well it kinda is S:TM and SII combined. How many similarities exist between the two remains to be seen but the basic components are there, no doubt about it.
It's the skeleton of the film. The backbone.