View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #24
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Joker (The Dark Knight) vs. Bane (TDKR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
What is so wrong about Talia and Bane working together?
Nothing. It's Bane working for Talia that riles people the wrong way.

Quote:
Bane broke the Bat, took control of Gotham City for several months with an armed doomsday device, and threw the Dark Knight in a hole in the ground to die.
Bane broke an 8 year out of practice Batman who needed a knee brace to get around without the reliance of a cane because he had no cartilage left in his knees.

Hardly a great physical triumph.

He took Gotham hostage for several months, and what happened in those several months? Nothing. Cops were locked under ground, alive, and well fed. The rich people were thrown on the ice. The rest of Gotham just seemingly kept their heads down.

Most boring city siege ever.

Quote:
If it's a pissing contest you want, how long did the Joker scare Gotham City? A few days?
Yeah, and in those few days we saw a more terrified chaotic Gotham City than we ever saw during Bane's 5 month dragged out quiet siege. Give me Judges and Police Commissioners getting blown away, mobs of angry panicked citizens trying to assassinate a citizen, Gotham hospital being blown up, a city wide evacuation, Gotham Police HQ getting blown up, Cops cars and helicopters getting destroyed in epic chase scenes etc over the dull happenings during Bane's pointless siege.

Quote:
And the Joker's plan to throw Gotham City into an uproar over Two-Face? Bane did that. He picked up the Joker's scraps.
Really? Where did we see the city in an uproar over the revelation of the Dent lie? The only reaction I saw was Blake's moral posturing to Gordon.

Quote:
Bane achieved what no other Batman villain has done, he humiliated Batman.
Big deal. Joker turned all of Gotham against Batman, killed Batman's best friend and woman he loved, forced Batman and Gordon into corrupt actions over Dent's downfall, and essentially sent Batman into 8 years of depression.

Bane beat up an 8 year out of date Batman, and then sent him to a pit with food, medical care, and ample time to recover and train himself back up again.

Quote:
Yeah, Batman may have been "crippled", or whatever you want to call it, but that didn't stop him from escaping the police or taking out the dozen or so henchmen armed with guns. That shows that he's still the same Batman he's been in the last two movies, regardless of any knee brace or physical condition.
Riding the Bat-Pod and escaping in The Bat doesn't take any extreme stamina. As Alfred so correctly said "You led a bloated Police force a merry chase with a load of fancy new toys from Fox".

As for the fight on the rooftop, taking out a few thugs is not indicative that he was what he was, especially considering he had Selina helping him in that fight, too.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-13-2013 at 05:28 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote