View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #113
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Joker (The Dark Knight) vs. Bane (TDKR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
We should have had more moments where Bane shows that he's in control of his Gotham and is at least two steps ahead of Gordon and Blake. Like when he intercepted the special ops team shortly after they made there arrival in Gotham. But instead we got the, I hate to say it; boring subplot of "which truck is the bomb on?"
Bane was only a step ahead of them because of his "mole", Talia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I always had a problem with Bane equating the despair of Gothamites to that of the prisoners in his pit. He claimed to have given them hope, similar to how the chasm of the pit gave hope to the prisoners. But the prisoners would rot in their cells, slowly, failing to grasp that hope every single miserable day until their deaths. While the Gothamites would only fathom blinding light for a milisecond and then nothingness. Hardly a despair warranting comparison.
I think the "blinding hope" was given in the film, but mostly to the 99%-ers who thought they could run this martial state that Gotham City is in without knowing the truth of the nuke having a countdown and it didn't matter that there was a trigger as it was going to go off anyways.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote