View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #114
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The Joker (The Dark Knight) vs. Bane (TDKR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I just wanted to see more of the citizens POV with dealing with such a traumatic event. It would have really intensified Bruce's race to recovery to get back to Gotham had we seen more brutality and despair; like when Bane had the special ops hung from the bridge. That was extremely unsettling. I love that scene.
I guess I'm of the opinion that the film as plenty bleak and full of despair without delving further into the extremities of the events of Gotham. As a fan, sure, I would've loved to see more, but when trying to be objective, I have to wonder if it would've been overkill to spend more time wallowing in the suffering of Gothamites when it's pretty clear that they're not living under the best of circumstances and life as they know it has essentially stopped.

The scene where they hung the special forces from the bridge worked perfectly as a way to get you rooting for Bruce to get out of there. Would 4 more scenes like that really have made us root any more for him? Those are the things we have to ask. Redundancy is rarely a good thing in filmmaking, although again...I could have probably sat through a 4 hour TDKR and not complained. But that's me speaking as a fan.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote