View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #181
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Joker (The Dark Knight) vs. Bane (TDKR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's why they're better villains. If you're more entertained by a villain then you rate them higher don't you? That's why my Mr. Freeze analogy is so apt. You don't see him topping people's lists just because he froze all of Gotham.

Talia may have been boss of the LOS and heir to it all, but that didn't make her a great villain. She was dull as ditch water for the most part and very under used. That's why she's the bottom of most people's lists. It's easy too see why others rate the mob heads higher than her. They were more fun to watch.

That's your preference.
A better villain, to me, would be a villain that actually acts like one, i.e., being sinister enough. Chechen was just entertaining with his obsession of his dogs. Gambol was an idiot for trying to teach Joker some manners. Mr. Freeze? I actually preferred Poison Ivy more in B&R than Freeze, lol.

But, let us both not forget that we're both listing Talia in the very last section of our favorite villains of Nolan's trilogy, lol. I just wouldn't put Freeze over Talia if we're talking about every live-action Batman film.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote