View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #177
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Most reboots don't have any major cultural impact because, quite frankly, they don't have as massive the audience as event movies that are highly anticipated. If your going to compare Webb to Nolan then you have to use Batman Begins which was Nolan's introduction reboot film like ASM was and you'll notice BB didn't really stay in the cultural memory like TDK or SM1 either.

But both those movies had some of the biggest arch enemies with built up anticipation. Of course they'll make more cultural impact than The Lizard or Ras Al Ghul in a reboot film.
I would also say it is because there is not a whole lot of memorable imagery or moments in TASM. Certainly nothing on par with the upside down kiss or final swing. But I would even say moments like Peter ignoring that guy in the hallway and the use of close-ups there, as well as the scene where Peter is bitten by the spider while shooting pictures of MJ, are both simpler and more memorable than any of the convoluted moments in TASM. Also Peter's red outfit in SM1 vs. the hoodie in TASM again shows a cheeky simplicity and visual wit to Raimi's style that allows it to stand out.

Just my opinion.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote