View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #191
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Joker (The Dark Knight) vs. Bane (TDKR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
I've seen "serious" impersonations of the Joker, but not ones that do it in a funny manner. Certainly not ones that mock it. I can't think of one time where any of his performance was made fun of all across the internet. If there were, it was someone impersonating the Joker poorly because they were crapping on Batman's voice (which is just as bad as Bane as far as other people's opinions are concerned).

Now, as far as memes go, there's that one with the interrogation scene between Batman and Joker where you plug in a different suggestion. Other than that though? Pretty non-existence.

People have been mocking Bane's voice, mask and character since day 1. Or do you think "sounds like Sean Connery" or "friend zoned" is a good thing?

Quote:
How is he in any way an improvement over Bane in the comics? I'm really curious why anyone would think that.

I was never a huge fan of Bane, but he's pretty great in some of his stories from the comics, especially when you see him as a child to escaping and becoming a man. What does TDKR Bane do or how does he act that makes him an improvement? I keep seeing this but have yet to see anyone back it up.

He didn't escape the pit. He wasn't the child. He wasn't the heir to the LoS. He didn't weaken Batman (he was already weak). It was Talia's plan, not his. Is it his lines? Blowing up a football stadium? Killing small, weak people by crushing them by sitting on them? Is that what makes him better?
I just found it far more interesting. Tying it with the LoS which I also found to be necessary to bring that back to end Bruce Wayne's story and placing Bane into the mix while making Talia his real life Osito. Plus, he was a very brilliant villain who I didn't view as some lackey to Talia, but that's the thing...to people who did, of course they'd think TDKR's Bane was an awful version(and I didn't view it as just Talia's plan).

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote