View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #9
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: Fox's Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Shared universe is overrated in regards to X-Men. Their universe is just as convoluted and dense as the rest of the MCU combined and the tethers between the two (besides shoehorning Wolverine into everything) are thin at best.

I am fine with the X-Verse being its own thing. But FF? They really belong in the MCU, as does Spidey for that matter. The Richards family and Xavier School can be connected, but I cannot think of many great reasons for them to team up. I think Fox would be wiser at better expanding the X-Men mythos into something as comparable to the MCU as opposed to just making main titles and Wolverine.

Just my thoughts.
I wouldn't say it's overrated more like it's a business strategy that they see working for Marvel and they see WB toying with the idea so they want a piece of the action.

And you're right about them needing to expand the X-Verse. That could be part of their FMCU (Fox Marvel Cinematic Universe as I will call it now). Introducing more X-Verse characters outside the main ones is a good idea. New Mutants, X-Factor, Xcalibur etc. It could make for great storylines (Second Coming which I really want to see). They could definitely make their FMCU just as big as the original MCU. And as for Spidey he could go with Marvel or Fox. Seeing as he became apart of Future Foundation he now has a stake in both that's important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Via Kang the Conqueror; which might make the link a little tricky.

Apocalypse is an ancient being, and was originally born in ancient Egypt as En Sabah Nur. Kang the Conqueror went back to that time period and became the Pharaoh Rama-Tut, and in that guise, he tutored En Sabah Nur and empowered him to become Apocalypse. Rama-Tut originally appeared as a very early FF villain; the link to Kang was added for the Avengers' franchise sake a few years later.
Thanks for the history, they could certainly make this one of their shared movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't think this is the point of the thread.
Lol it really wasn't. I want to see this thread become the official Fox MCU thread if that's possible lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It seems the FF property would have more to gain from an X-Men connection than the X-men property would have.

It seems Fox is finally getting the X-Men franchise back on track why would they want to tag on what's perceived as a failed or underachieving franchise to it?

Is anyone out there i.e. General Audience, going man we really need to see the FF team up with the X-Men on screen?
FF definitely has more to gain by being connected to X-Men than the other way around. But as I stated before it is a business strategy simple as that.

No use continuing saying it's a pointless idea when Fox have already said they're going ahead with it. It's clear Matthew Vaughn is going to have a hand in it seeing as he has already or will be producing everything in the FMCU except The Wolverine but that's a special movie.