View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #40
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will there ever be a good Transformers movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondhead View Post
Just because they don't fit your liking doesn't mean they're not good
Check out the box office you idiots
I suggest you go back reading your little batman comics
They should forbid you and your kind access to the internet
Sometimes It is because of idiots like that a lot interesting and original movies are failing at the box office.

They give you a forum to express yourself and all of a sudden you think that you are a master of criticism, you’re so pathetic.
Yes, how dare I express a negative opinion on these films, clearly I am foolish for doing so, because we all popularity equals quality and box office numbers are more important then a story with good characters and a plot that makes sense.

These films making money doesn't negate the massive flaws in terms of plot and story telling these movies suffer from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
You're funny.

Were you expecting a Citizen Kane and The Godfather? These aren't movies meant to be critical darlings but about giant alien robots kicking the crap out of each other and causing mass destruction, it's what people want to see on the big screen.

I loved the trilogy and I'm a life long TF fan since 1984 so I've seen the brand goes through it's ups and downs.
I was not expecting Citizen Kane, I was expecting something with a coherent plot and interesting characters, something none of the Bay Transformers films had.

Name one compelling character: Sam is spoiled, entitled, neurotic brat, Prime often comes off as a A-hole, Megan Fox was just eye candy and Megatron is one of the least effective villains ever and those are most developed characters in the series, the supporting characters are worse, even more bland or annoying.

Last edited by The Overlord; 03-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.
The Overlord is online now   Reply With Quote