View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #41
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Will there ever be a good Transformers movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Yes, how dare I express a negative opinion on these films, clearly I am foolish for doing so, because we all popularity equals quality and box office numbers are more important then a story with good characters and a plot that makes sense.
Quickly checks the All time box office top ten.
Yup, financial success is definitely has nothing to do with crowd pleasing movies, the only films that make money are the lowest common denomination fare. If anything consistent success in a franchise is a sign of a bad film.

Quote:
I was not expecting Citizen Kane, I was expecting something with a coherent plot and interesting characters, something none of the Bay Transformers films had.
Hyperbole is this properties best friend.. If you don't see a "coherent plot" you must have watched the film with the sound off...You may want to avoid almost anything from Terrance Malick. Or that little 2009 space odyssey movie.

Define "interesting characters," I mean not every character is going to be the lead from old boy, but what is "interesting" to you may not be the same to other people.

Quote:
Name one compelling character: Sam is spoiled, entitled, neurotic brat, Prime often comes off as a A-hole
Prime, in all his self sacrificing noble leadership and monologues, hardly seemed like an ass hole to many people, even many of the stringent haters of this film have been slow to critique his characterization in such a way.

As for your description of Sam. That sounds more like Henry the 8th or even Tony Stark and Thor pre typical marvel character growth arc. The question is, what's wrong with a movie about an "interesting" character...not every movie is about a saint with their **** together, just look at Raging Bull.