View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #620
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

I think its also important to note that back then, superhero movies were a novelty. The fandom was there for comic book readers, but the general public needed to be sold on the idea of costumed characters delivering an enjoyable film experience. I'd argue that as great as SM2 was, it wasn't until the huge success of TDK that superhero movies really got on the map.

Not to mention, with Marvel doing all of their prep stuff for the Avengers and basically releasing a movie or two every year, the market started to fluctuate and social media really took off so there hasn't been much need to over-hype movies, since people do it themselves now. Like all my friends who are the casual movie-goers now there's a Superman movie coming out. they may not know who's in it or what's it about, but they know it exists, and once the commercials start playing on TV and the trailers fill up the theaters, they'll definitely talk about going to see it.