View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #81
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have only used a cel phone once in a theater, and it was to check a text message because my sister was in the hospital. It was my fourth viewing of Captain America, hardly anyone was in the theater, I sat fourth row from the back, everyone else sat in front of me except one guy, but this guy behind me (I was a row down, on his right hand side, not even directly in front of him) shouted at me from the top of his lungs "YOU THINK YOU CAN PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY?!?!? YOU CAN EAT A TURD!!!" way, WAY more distracting than anything I was EVER doing. Guy was a complete douchebag.

I typically hate it when I see people on their phones, but I tune it out and focus on the movie, unless they are actually talking on it, in which case I ask them to leave, then go back to the movie. No way am I going to stop watching a movie though, take my eyes off of what I came to see, to stare at them intently and make them feel "awkward" though, and I most certainly am never going to shout at the top of my lungs and disrupt EVERYONE in the theater because someone looks at a text message. I don't know what's going on in their lives or why they have it out, I prefer it to not happen but there are things more important in life than seeing a movie, it isn't the end of the world either way. People should learn to be considerate but people should also get some ****ing perspective.

Those MOS cups and containers look awesome, BTW. And I never eat when I see a movie unless its one I don't have a big, personal stake in. The movie itself is the reward.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 03-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.