View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #703
Victarion
Cut

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Only because Talia was awful and did nothing. If they develop Killian as a total badass and build the film around him, instead of shoehorning him in, then it'll work quite nicely

And I don't think it means Mandarin can't be interesting and well characterized on his own terms. But it's definitely not the Mandarin people were expecting.
1st tag is irrelevant to the discussion; the second is more relevant.

I have a different outlook on your first point; I felt Bane was still interesting and well-characterized. You are right about Talia; I felt she was there to add to Bane's character.

I just don't like the idea of villain whose reach knows no bounds being the puppet of some scientist. They could downplay that by establishing that Mandarin takes the blame for the events of the movie, while Killian and AIM salvage their reputation by helping those affected by Mandarin etc. Then you have AIM for whichever Phase of the MCU you like.

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind Killian being played similar to Talia, but left live for further development.