View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #20
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: Luke Cage introduced in Avengers 2, Hulk blasted into space

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
Wait, Hulk > Cage > Cap? Do you really want Cage to be better than Captain America? I don't read comics, though I have read a lot of information recently online about these characters. What I do know is that Cap is special and unique and should be kept that way. Having Cage go through the same process and come out better than Cap would simply make Cap a joke. Cage needs to get his powers in some other fashion, not a supier soldier serum. That method is played out.
it's a chemical bath; not a super-soldier serum. that's how the racist guard is able to tamper with it. he tried to, basically, cook Cage alive. and it was the tampering that altered the outcome of the experiment; making Luke's powers somewhat unique. Captain America isn't bullet proof. and Cage is not "better" than Cap because of a powerset any more than Thor is better than both.

as for the experimentation on prisoners, maybe they were attempting to make some kind of temporary liquid body armor for army personnel. enhanced strength might not have been an expected outcome. perhaps the warden is a crooked enough individual to allow experimentation of this sort (provided that the prisoner volunteered) for money.

Last edited by Ant-manic; 03-18-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote