View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 AM   #114
portland2002
Side-Kick

Default Re: Return of the Jedi Appreciation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
It would have been cool if the film was balsy enough to kill off Luke, kind of in Return of the King esque-manor. When Luke takes off Vaders mask and theres the whole emotional moment have Luke realize he's never going to be able to purge the darkside from himself, and dies on the Death Star with his father. It would give more purpose to revealing Leia as Lukes sister and hinting at her use of the force. Then at the end, durring the celebration have Leia look over and see the ghosts, with Luke and Anakin appearing together, allowing for a brand new era for the force beginning with Leia who is neither Light nor Dark.
It would have been an interesting and exciting twist ... somewhat unexpected ... but I think it would have hurt the film's box office. Notwithstanding, ROTJ is an exceptional film and my opinion, the best of the series thus far.