View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #663
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
Yeah, you were right on both parts, Ant King (Cell), and the 3rd gen Dragonslayers. I was just trying to avoid spoiling you just in case you hadn't gotten to that point yet.

The FT mystery I'm talking about is something I can't get into depth without spoiling. I'll just say it was hinted at with Lucy's mom, then the Dragon's, then a character named Zeref, and now carried on in the current arc. It's like a large web in the background with bits being shown throughout the series, but never taking center stage. Still though, the fights aren't always well thought out, and too easily become lopsided.

As for HunterXHunter being very loved, I can understand that. It's a solid series that goes at it's own pace. It's just more of a personal thing with me. The Chimera Ant arc started to go a bit downhill (IMO), and then it goes on hiatus forever. It did eventually come back and get good again, but by then I had kind of been soured on it. Then it goes on hiatus again right in the middle of the climax of the arc. Then comes back, finishes the arc, does one little tiny arc, sets up something that could be really interesting, and goes on hiatus again. It's a series worth sticking too, but if you've been following it for awhile...it gets sooooo frustrating, lol.

In fact, the last issue was released March this year. I'm guessing the next issue won't be until sometime next year. If he's waited this long, chances are he'll wait until after New Years.
If you're interested in watching it in a row the chimera ants arc is going to be animated:

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?